The Barbados Reiki Association was founded in 1995.
- To foster a common understanding between Reiki initiates in Barbados regardless of their lineage or teaching and to promote the practice of Reiki for the highest good of all
- To be part of the process of spreading the knowledge, understanding and practice of Usui Shiki Ryoho
- To create and maintain a professional profile for Reiki Practitioners
- To establish and maintain standards of ethics and practice relating to the conduct of members and their relationship with the public at large.
- To inform and protect members of the public seeking and/or using Reiki; Â and Members ofÂ the Association
An Executive Committee, elected annually, guides the Association into its outreach programmes. The Association:
- Meets monthly to conduct business and group healing
- Conducts annual Retreats
- Organizes fund raisers for the Association in order to promote its outreach programme
- Invites speakers on environmental and health issues to expand the knowledge base of its members