Contributed by Verity Dawson
How do you relate to the following?
1. Day to Day Clutter: items not used, too much stuff, mess, undusted shelves
Result: emotional (or actual) constipation
Cure: Ask yourself – Do I need it? Do I love it? Would I take it with me if I moved?
2. Physical Clutter: overweight, too much junk food, general feeling of malaise
Result: feeling sluggish, low energy
Cure: Do a de-tox (but check in with your medical practitioner first)
3. Representational Clutter: unconscious negative messages such as artwork with a sad subject, unfinished projects, things that remind you of bad experiences, broken stuff
Result: energy being drained unconsciously
Cure: Give away or trash
4. Invisible Clutter: emotional issues not resolved, people/clients who drain your energy, unspoken
emotion, incomplete relationships.
Result: remaining attached to the very experiences you want to forget and which now have power over you
Cure: Read a helpful book which explains about Forgiveness and clearing emotions; speak to a counselor or Life Coach.
5. Past Times Clutter: books/papers from a past career or interest, files kept longer than necessary, things kept ‘just in case’, clothes which do not fit, hobbies and collections now not followed
Result: Bogged down feeling and reluctance to move
Cure: Trust that you will have all you need when you need it and let go of the ‘just in case’ items.
6. Mind Clutter: To-do’s, worries and grievances, watching too much TV, too much busy time, unchallenged beliefs, crowded Pending or Inbox.
Result: Can’t focus for all the information stored.
Cure: Give yourself a sabbatical. Take a half day off and relax. Make a simple list of the most urgent Things to Do (and do them!)