On behalf of the Board of Directors and members of the Barbados Reiki Association, as well as all the therapists who participated in our recent Complementary Health Day, I wish to express our sincerest thanks to you for attending the event. We really enjoyed hosting the Health Day again this year. It is always a wonderful opportunity to share information about various modalities for promoting health and wellness of body, mind and spirit in gentle and wholesome ways and letting you know how you can empower yourself to take your health and wellbeing into your own hands. We do trust that you enjoyed it. We are already making plans for next year’s Health Day, which will be even bigger and better. So, stay in touch!
We urge you to consider taking one of the following next steps to bring Reiki into your daily wellness practices:
For Persons Who Are Not Reiki Initiates
1. Stay in touch with the Barbados Reiki Association by visiting our website and becoming a fan of the Association on Facebook. You can learn more about Reiki on the website and receive information about future outreach activities.
2. You may wish to learn Reiki so that you can treat yourself and others. Or perhaps you wish to have a Reiki treatment. Here are links for two Reiki Masters who are members of the Association, who offer classes and treatments. They would be happy to share more information about Reiki with you.
For Reiki Initiates
1. If you have completed Reiki Level 1 and are not yet a member of the Association, we urge you to join the Association. The annual fee is BDS$50. This entitles you to attend our monthly meeting, which takes place on the first Thursday in each month at the Main Guard in the Garrison Savannah from 7 pm – 9 pm. Each month we get together for Reiki education, planning outreach activities and sharing a wonderful group Reiki healing session. Being part of a community of Reiki persons is a great way to continue the path of learning and growth in Reiki, an important part of which is volunteering to share Reiki with others.
2. If you are already a member of the Association, you will want to participate in the annual Reiki Retreat, hosted by the Association, which takes place in October.
3. You may also wish to consider attending the Grenada Reiki Association’s International Reiki Gathering from September 16th – 19th, 2010,which will be held at the Catholic Retreat Centre in beautiful St. Andrew, Grenada. The theme for the event is “Reiki for Body, Mind and Spirit”. The registration fee of US$250 includes accommodaton at the Catholic Retreat Centre and all meals, except for the Friday night outing to Fish Friday in Grenville for which you should budget an additional US$5 – $10. The accommodation will be shared (2 – 3 persons). The Barbados Reiki Association will be exploring the possibility of securing a special group rate for the airfare. Interested persons should communicate their interest to the Association by July 31st, 2010.
Thank you once again for participating in the Complementary Health Day! Please note that the announcement of prize winners will be made shortly.